The Department of Medicine has highly skilled and professional team of doctors to provide comprehensive medical care to all our patients. The department of internal medicine has full OPD coverage for all complaints related to every systems. The Department manages critically ill patients in the well equipped intensive care unit. The hospital has a vibrant medicine department .
The Department offers services in the following areas :-
- Heart and blood vessel problems such as high blood pressure|
- Infectious diseases both acute and chronic
- Communicable diseases including tuberculosis (TB)
- Stroke and related complications
- Endocrine disorders such as diabetes, DKA, Pancreatitis and thyroid dysfunction
- Gastro-intestinal diseases like liver Cirrhosis, Hepatitis, Varices, ulcers, GERD etc.
- Blood and bleeding disorders
- Renal problems
- Respiratory problems such as pneumonia, asthma, COPD etc
- Rheumatology such as arthritis, SLE, GBS, gout etc.
- Other connective tissue disorders.
The department also offers special services in infectious diseases by qualified specialists and support to other services such as Surgery, OB & Gynae, Pediatrics , Ortho, ENT and Neurology for medical problems.
Cardiology in Sacred Heart Hospital looks after adults and children with many forms of heart problems. Patients who are critically ill, very sick, are admitted to the Intensive Care Unit.
- Cardiology unit looks after:
- Ischemic heart diseases.
- Heart failure.
- Valvular heart disease
- Cardiac rhythm abnormalities
- Electrocardiogram (ECG)
- Echocardiography (Echo).
- Stress testing, TMT.