Neurology is the branch of medicine dealing with the diseases concerned with the nervous system.
The Neurology unit offer comprehensive management of stroke/ paralysis and Intracranial bleeds with comprehensive stroke care in the form of Intravenous Thrombolysis for patients coming within the golden window period of 4.5 hours. This is also backed up by Neuro Critical Care and Neuro ICU management.
It is supported by state of the art Neurodiagnostic and Brain imaging facilities (1.5 Tesla MRI)
Electrophysiology Services offered include
- NCS (Nerve Conduction Study)
- EEG (Electroencephalogram)
- EMG (Electromyography)
- VEP (Visual Evoked Potential)
- BERA (Brainstem Evoked Response Audiometry)
- Treatment is available for the following disease
- Stroke/ Paralysis/ Intracranial bleed
- Alzheimer’s disease/Memory loss
- Parkinson’s disease/Tremors/Movement disorder
- Weakness/Numbness of Limb
- Neck pain/ Back pain
- Physiotherapy for Post Stroke spasticity and other disorders.